CrewCom 4+4 Control Unit
The CrewCom Control Unit is the foundational element of the CrewCom system and establishes the CrewNet-based infrastructure while also providing external connections to common established intercom systems. By design, the CU contains no radio and is frequency agnostic and can therefore control and monitor any device across CrewNet regardless of radio frequency bands being utilized. With the combination of CrewCom Radio Transceivers, each CU supports up to 50 Radio Packs, 18 Normal mode and 32 High Density mode, across all available RF bands.
- Each CU supports up to 18 RPs
- Easy-to-use interface with large informative backlit LCD display and quick access controls
- Simultaneously active 2-Wire and 4-Wire intercom connections
- Front panel USB ports for Radio Pack pairing, CrewCom device firmware updates, and computer connectivity
- Duplex LC Single Mode Fiber and traditional Cat 5e or greater CrewNet connections
- LAN port for CrewWare connectivity via computer network
- Front panel headset monitor station
- Stage announce audio output
- AUX In/Out for program input and intercom audio output
- GPO contact closure relays (x5)
- Sync input to receive sync from another CrewCom system
- 1RU rack mountable
The Backbone: CrewNet™
CrewNet is a newly-developed, robust and reliable proprietary network designed specifically for the demands of critical communication environments. It is the backbone for interconnection between CrewCom devices, which is key to the decentralized network architecture. CrewNet is capable of deploying a CrewCom system over a very large coverage area with Cat 5e (up to 100 m) and/or Single Mode Fiber (up to 10 km).